Thursday, January 12, 2012

The 90's: A Decade of Hotties

The 90's were a decade of unparalleled hotness in the department of male celebrities. Let's reminisce together!


Macaulay Culkin: The Real Inventor of the "O Face".

So maybe Macaulay Culkin wasn't a hottie in the traditional sense of the word - but he was the one who, when I was the tender age of 7, taught me how to feel. Inexplicably, he was the first person I ever had a legitimate crush on. This only solidifies one true fact: love makes no sense!



Jonathan Taylor Thomas (JTT!!)

This fellow was the original Justin Bieber. He made floppy hair cool way before the Biebs was even a thought in God's pocket. He was the heart and soul of Tiger Beat.

When I was 8, my friends and I wrote a love letter to him and put it in the mailbox to be sent. Unfortunately, that was before we knew the importance of labeling an envelope with more than just a person's name on it.

Hey, it had always worked for Santa!



Blink 182 - specifically Mark Hoppus.

Who doesn't love a 12 year old trapped in a 23 year old's body? With lyrics about boobs, farts, and an entire song called "I Want to Fuck a Dog in the Ass", these men stole my middle school heart.



Brandon Boyd

The inventor of pelvic cleavage gives new meaning to the term "happy trail".



Gavin Rossdale: there are no words, except...

Is it possible for a picture to cause early-onset puberty? Because I'm pretty sure that would have happened if I saw this one back in the day.



And...finally...the face that launched a thousand ladyboners:

Leonardo DiCaprio!

He was number one in the hearts of just about every female except for myself. I found him attractive, but I wasn't one of those girls who saw Titanic 10 times before it even went to video. No, I was NOT one of the masses who were quite literally obsessed with Leo's lady-like features.

Also, curiously, this guy has not aged well. Unlike a fine wine, his features have become distorted. Gone are the notes of sandalwood and vine ripened berries; this vintage is rather more of a mediocre grape juice now.

If only Inception were real

so this face could capture America's heart once more!

4 comments:

  1. Dude, I was way too distracted in the 90's because I can't remember anything about my crushes from back them. What a good kid, right? ;)

    Lor

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stinks! You'll just have to scour your local library to find back issues of Tiger Beat and Seventeen to jump start your memory. (That actually sounds kind of fun...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. JTT! haha! how could any 90's girl forget that name:):)

    But you forgot Ryder Strong (Shawn from Boy Meets World). He was my fav:)

    Audry Cece (www.thedontlovedare.com)

    ReplyDelete