Friday, May 18, 2012

TGIYOLOF: Thank God It's YOLO Friday!

Dear Friends,

TGIF: time to embody the principles of YOLO!

Let the bad decision making begin: buy shoes that look great, but feel like firewalking; stay up later than you should, like 10:30 instead of 10 PM; and procrastinate doing laundry till Sunday, even though it badly needs to be done now. Who cares if you don't have any clean underwear? Not you. You DGAF!

As you can see, ever since I entered the "real world", the definition of "bad" in my decision making has become distorted and tamed by my growing levels of responsibility as an adult. Now that I'm 26, not peeing before long car rides is typically the poorest choice I make...

Before I launch into further examples of my ever-looming quarter-life crisis, I present to you a new series in my blog: YOLO Fridays! This is the time when I link you up to your wild 'n crazy weekend soundtrack!

So, without further adieu...

If you like:
Beach House, The Beach Boys, going to the beach, The state of California

You will like:
Will Sturgeon - The video features his band "brightener", though he also plays in "The Miracals





If you like:
Melted chocolate, silk, the finer things in life

You will like:
Rozzi Crane - Her voice is sex on fire.



If you like:
Kid Cudi, Lykke Li, Lana Del Rey (even after that unfortunate SNL performance), Germany

You will like:
RoyalIceCream, aka Ina




If you like:
Awesome girl covers of strictly boy bands

You will like:
This cover of Animal Collective by some anonymous ladies who have no other such amazing videos...



If you like:
Animal Collective (again), happiness, Wintertime, Bright Eyes

You will like:
Patrick Cederberg - his cover of Animal Collective, much like the one above, is fantastic.




Happy weekend! YOLO, but don't do anything I wouldn't do.

3 comments:

  1. It's unnerving growing up. I didn't buy a bottle of wine last night because I was worried about the calories. Thankfully I'm still stupid enough to get into stupid situations, so I'm not totally bored!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, unnerving indeed! You should have gotten vodka instead - they always say that's the one to get when you want to do "healthier" drinking...

      Delete
  2. I am checking out these artists now!

    ReplyDelete